Operations lies at the heart of an organisation – the desire to improve operational performance has inspired many innovations over the decades. Now, the rapid rise of digital, AI and automation technologies is accelerating the pace of change.
As the landscape has shifted, it’s unsurprising that we are seeing a surge in demand for interim operations directors with a new kind of skill set. The expertise of senior interim operations managers has evolved to encompass a greater depth and breadth of operational, technological and digital expertise. This is complemented by strong capability in managing the day-to-day organisation and coordination of a business function, services and resources.
Such sought-after skills offer immediate value to organisations going through transformational change, looking to reduce costs and/or drive operational efficiencies.
Why engage interim operations manager?
Proven expertise and experience
Engaging Interim Partners for your interim operations engagements allows you to access high-performing talent when you need it. Our senior operations interims are available at short notice. Which is advantageous when it can take at least four months to fill an executive permanent role.
Our interims cover a range of roles within operations and operations management, specifically for change and transformation project, or to support/lead the day-to-day operation of an organisation, department or business function.
Typical interim operations assignments
- Interim operations director
- Interim operations manager
- Interim ops director
- Interim logistics director
- Interim procurement director
- Interim supply chain director
Key benefits of interim managers
We’re able to source and assess interim operations directors and interim operations managers with the experience and specialist skills not always found in-house. They bring proven expertise to the table to deliver change and improve efficiency quickly. The qualities we look for and quality for an interim assignment include:
- Proven capability to be able to hit the ground running and immediately add value to the organisation
- Demonstrable wealth of experience, gained across different organisations and a successful level track record of delivering operational excellence
- Dynamic personality, adaptable for change, accountable and technically very strong
Executive search & selection
Our extensive candidate network means we're well placed to find high-calibre candidates when you're looking to recruit a permanent c-suite or senior leadership professional. Wickland Westcott, our executive search business, delivers retained executive-level assignments both internationally and domestically, centring on the recruitment of CEOs, MDs and general managers along with other senior leadership professionals.
Across assignments, we provide up-to-date marketplace insight, making clear recommendations on when to recruit within niche sectors and when to bring in fresh skills and perspective from outside.
Our high-quality, holistic service combines the capability of our highly experienced executive recruitment consultants with in-depth psychometric/personality assessments delivered by qualified occupational psychologists. Our search and selection methodology will ensure a cultural fit and alignment to values and organisational purpose, which is particularly important at a senior level.
Why Wickland Westcott?
- Over 40 years' experience in executive search and leadership consultancy
- Placed over 2,000 senior leaders across industry sectors
- 99% customer satisfaction
- 98% candidate satisfaction over the last 5 years
- Assignment completion rate of 96%
- 95% of candidates placed are still in their role after a year