Interim sales directors by their nature are transformational gold dust; their sole goal to reach business objectives within a given timeframe.
Our interims are highly experienced commercial experts at director to C-suite level. They are adeptly equipped to deliver key transformational, viability and turnaround projects, and able to relieve the pressure of lengthy senior hires. Interim sales directors deliver at a level above contractors, who generally sit at a lower management level for a fixed term period with core business accountabilities.
Why choose an interim sales professional?
Interim sales in demand
There is a high demand for commercially astute, strategic sales and commercial leaders – people who can navigate the ebb and flow of market changes, and respond to changing buyer behaviours and customer demands. Interim sales professionals answer the constant need for organisations to innovate and seek ways to improve the customer experience.
The right interims deliver revenue targets, orchestrate organisational change and think outside the box, introducing new sales and marketing approaches to compete in the modern marketplace.
Key benefits of interim managers
The benefit of appointing an interim sales professional is twofold. It provides an instant enhanced capability to deliver business-critical sales and commercial strategy for better outcomes. It also supplements incumbent resources, offering high-calibre expertise which may not already exist in-house.
Ultimately, the appointment of a high-performing interim will directly positively influence revenues, profit margins and overall company performance.
Why engage an interim sales professional?
Key benefits of interim sales directors
The knowledge of an interim sales director is primarily commercially focused, covering a number of duties:
- Forming and executing innovative sales strategies to ensure the business remains competitive and innovative
- Identifying new sales channels and valuable emerging markets, whilst forming robust working relationships with new and existing major clients
- Overseeing, managing and developing large sales teams, typically spanning multi-national territories
- Accurately planning future sales and forming adaptable sales plans to forecast shifts in market climate
- Serving as a business representative at conferences and industry events
- Maximising sales profit margins
- Effectively communicating the value-proposition through proposals and presentations
Deployment at speed
We can rapidly deploy high-calibre interim sales professionals across a range of industry sectors. Our interim sales directors have a wealth of experience, with successful track records of accelerating growth and driving change,
Whether for a short, medium or longer-term assignment, these senior sales interims are driven, goal-oriented individuals focused on improving the sales function, delivering transformation and change for delivering top line revenue growth.
Typical interim sales assignments
- Interim commercial director
- Interim head of sales
- Interim sales director
- Interim sales and marketing director
- Interim chief commercial officer
- Interim head of business development
Executive search & selection
Our extensive candidate network means we're well placed to find high-calibre candidates when you're looking to recruit a permanent c-suite or senior leadership professional. Wickland Westcott, our executive search business, delivers retained executive-level assignments both internationally and domestically, centring on the recruitment of CEOs, MDs and general managers along with other senior leadership professionals.
Across assignments, we provide up-to-date marketplace insight, making clear recommendations on when to recruit within niche sectors and when to bring in fresh skills and perspective from outside.
Our high-quality, holistic service combines the capability of our highly experienced executive recruitment consultants with in-depth psychometric/personality assessments delivered by qualified occupational psychologists. Our search and selection methodology will ensure a cultural fit and alignment to values and organisational purpose, which is particularly important at a senior level.
Why Wickland Westcott?
- Over 40 years' experience in executive search and leadership consultancy
- Placed over 2,000 senior leaders across industry sectors
- 99% customer satisfaction
- 98% candidate satisfaction over the last 5 years
- Assignment completion rate of 96%
- 95% of candidates placed are still in their role after a year